Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Mixed Satisfaction, Mixed Guilt

I wake up and my stomach drops
My heart pounding non-stop
As guilt washes over me from the news I sought
I sit and ponder if I feel on top

I feel a sense of entitlement
I feel a sense of excitement
I feel a sense of satisfaction
In hopes I let him have it

But then it seeped down in my soul
I heard his voice, how could I let this go
And now I know
I was instantly living in the past
Spending too much time watching it crash

My guilt is wrapped around joy
That freed my misery where there lies a void
I just knew this would end us
I'd be free of all loves vices and its pain that holds prices

But like he always does
He snapped back, forgiving me in the same breath
All I could do was hold his heart in the palm of my hand
As he means no harm doing the best he can

All in light of this I still don't see an ending
To something so bittersweet
I guess love can withstand even me
When it's meant to be

Ben E. King -- Stand by Me

**Refer to "Protection"










No comments:

Post a Comment